20 Dental Tips for Healthy Teeth and Gums
According to Dr. Paul Shinto, Dr. Bert Funatsu, Dr. Bryce Kato, and Dr. Matthew Hunter Shinto maintaining good oral hygiene is essential for healthy teeth and gums and overall well-being.
Regular visits with your family dentist in Pasadena can help you maintain optimal oral health.
Below are some dental tips from your family dentist in Pasadena to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy and radiant.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Don't forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush to avoid damaging your enamel and gums.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or sooner if bristles are frayed.
- Floss daily to remove plaque and food particles between teeth.
- Consider using an antimicrobial mouthwash to reduce bacteria in your mouth.
- Stay hydrated to maintain saliva production, which helps prevent tooth decay.
- Limit sugary and acidic foods and drinks that can erode tooth enamel.
- Consume diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
- Chew sugar-free gum to stimulate saliva production and clean your mouth.
- Avoid tobacco products, which can lead to gum disease and oral cancer.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing contact sports to protect your teeth.
- Don't use your teeth as tools for opening bottles or tearing packages.
- If you grind your teeth, consider a nightguard to prevent enamel wear.
- Maintain regular dental check-ups and cleanings
- Discuss any concerns or changes in your oral health with your dentist.
- Consider dental sealants for added protection against cavities.
- Teach your children good oral hygiene habits from a young age.
- Be mindful of your stress levels, as stress can impact your oral health.
- Smile often; it's the best accessory you can wear!
These dental tips will help you maintain that radiant smile. Regular visits with Dr. Paul Shinto, Dr. Bert Funatsu, Dr. Bryce Kato and Dr. Matthew Hunter Shinto are crucial for professional guidance and early detection of any dental issues.
As the saying goes, "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." Dr. Paul Shinto and his team are committed to your oral health, teeth and gums and the wellbeing of you and your family.
Remember prevention is the key to a healthy smile. Schedule your dental checkup in Pasadena with Dr. Paul Shinto, Dr. Bert Funatsu, Dr. Bryce Kato or Dr. Matthew Hunter Shinto today.